THE HANGED MAN

THE HANGED MAN
CRUCIFY HIM....GOLGOTHA

Thursday, November 5, 2009

"I GO WHERE MY BISHOP SENDS ME"

"I go where my Bishop sends me," is the reply to a question or questions I had posed and asked a certain priest while we were dining at a local eatery in town as it centered in part over 'priestly assignments' and 'policies' of the diocese,some of which were affecting the 'architecture' of the town and also 'impacting'(as the moderns say) education and its facility. My mind immediately dredged up another question from my childhood, youth, and involves an expression often used by many, including my Welsh Uncle by marriage, namely,"EVEN IF IT'S UP A PIG'S ASS?" but, of course, I declined to ask it, even if my 'inner being' was urging me to do so. This question is akin to another one from my youth, which is, IF THERE WAS A FREE CIRCUS BEING GIVEN UP A PIG'S ASS, WOULD YOU GO?" Many of a most fastidious nature would decline such a 'free' offer and answer in the negative with a "NO!" thereby falling into the trap which is,'THEN YOU' SUCK AROUND THE EDGES!" The POINT of this little anecdote is not about 'pig's asses' or 'free circuses' or other concerns but to show that when one enters 'the priestly path' or THE WAY OF THE MONK, OBEDIENCE IS DEMANDED AT THE VERY BEGINNING! CHASTITY & POVERTY ALSO OR SOON FOLLOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment